Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe

The Best Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe

I, like many of you, have a new addiction.  That addiction is called Pinterest.  I now have more ideas and more recipes pinned than I could use in two lifetimes!  My goal is to try at least one recipe I have pinned each week.

I have found though that the comments on Pinterest don’t always hold true.  It’s a little bit of a risk when you try something you’ve pinned.

I found that the Melt in Your Mouth Chicken did not melt in my mouth.  It actually did nothing in my mouth.  Boring and bland.

The I Want to Marry You Cookies were good but not sure they were marriage worthy.

Then I saw a recipe for popcorn – the pinner assured us that they were totally obsessed with this popcorn and couldn’t get enough of it.  There was no link back to a blog so unfortunately I can’t give them credit because they were right!  My faith was restored in Pinterest.  I could believe what I read!!

marshmallow popcorn recipe

This popcorn is pretty delicious.  How could anything covered in marshmallow, brown sugar and butter not be delicious.

Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe

The popcorn looks pretty gooey doesn’t it? Well it is but amazingly enough it doesn’t stick to your hands.   Our hands were in the bowl a lot so we know for sure!

I was worried that it wouldn’t be any good the next day but I was wrong – it wasn’t quite as gooey the next day but it was still delicious.  I just sealed it up in a plastic storage bag.  Let’s just say there wasn’t a whole lot to put in the bag but I did manage to save some because I wanted to see how it kept over night.  I had to place a big sign on it so no one would eat it!!

It is quick and easy to make because it uses microwave popcorn.  You microwave the butter, sugar and marshmallows until melted and mixed together and pour over the popcorn and stir until evenly coated.  Then you spread it out on a cookie sheet – or just pour it into a big bowl.  Start eating!  I promise you won’t want to stop.

marshmallow popcorn

I halved the recipe and it’s a good thing I did or I would have eaten even more!!

marshmallow popcorn recipe

Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe

3 bags microwave popcorn, popped and unpopped kernels removed.

2 sticks of butter

16 oz bag of mini marshmallows

1 C brown sugar

Microwave butter, marshmallows, and brown sugar for 2 1/2 min. Take out and stir. Microwave again for 1 minute. Repeat until all is melted.

When done pour over popcorn and mix. YUM!

Source: via  Pinterest

More on TodaysMama.com:

Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats

Rocky Road Gourmet Popcorn (with mini marshmallows)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , ,

1. Connie 12/12/2013 at 9:06 pm

Easy and Oh So Delicious!!!!!!

2. Vanderbilt Wife 06/01/2013 at 6:28 pm

I didn’t even realize when I was making this that it’s basically Rice Krispie Treats with popcorn. YUM. It’s delicious. I made oil-popped popcorn on the stove – about 3/4 cup unpopped. Then I sprinkled it with salt so it would be kind of like the microwave kind.

3. Dina 02/04/2013 at 8:12 pm

Just made this and it is so goood… :) I too used only one bag and divided the ingredients by 3. However, I should have laid the popcorn out onto a cookie sheet( I mixed it in a bowl); it would have been much easier and the sugary goodness would be evenly spread out.
    Thanks for the recipe, I also found this on pinterest.

4. Hello 01/06/2013 at 7:10 pm

You are addicted to pinterest but dont have a “Pin it” button?!

5. Pingback: Marshmallow Popcorn | sweets and smiles

6. Freida Whatley 04/17/2012 at 7:27 pm

Had to try this one immediately and it is wonderful! Not exactly on my diet but I just blame Leigh Ann for that! Ha! It isn’t my fault that I couldn’t resist it! It is really good though! I only used one bag of the popcorn in a bowl and cut the other ingredients in half! Can’t wait to share this recipe!

7. Denise 04/16/2012 at 11:48 am

Leigh Ann, abt how many cups of popped popcorn does 3 bags make? Not all of us have microwave popcorn around.

And Janet…let us ALL know how yours turned out! Thanks for YOUR tip on how to microwave popcorn….but I’m not sure I would ‘staple’ the bag ???? Isn’t that a potential problem?

• Leigh Anne 04/16/2012 at 6:13 pm

Denise, There are approximately 4 cups of popped corn in a package of microwave popcorn. Instead of stapling the bag just turn it under several times or twist it really good.

8. Lark81 04/16/2012 at 11:31 am

This looks delicious! And thanks Janet for sharing how to make your own microwave popcorn. But, my question is, will it still be nearly as good if I do make my own popcorn since it will be unsalted and unflavored? Do you just use the standard microwave popcorn Leigh Anne? We’re Whirley Pop people, but after reading this recipe, I would not be opposed to buying a box of the microwave stuff to do it right!

• Leigh Anne 04/16/2012 at 6:14 pm

I did use microwave popcorn this time but many times I just airpop my popcorn and it works great. I used movie butter microwave popcorn so it was a little buttery than if you airpopped it but both would be delicious!

9. Janet 04/16/2012 at 10:44 am

My husband hates Pinterest now because of the high expectations and the cruel letdown. Now I hide the fact that I found something I made on Pinterest or he instantly won’t want to even try it. I try to explain that’s like saying because I made a recipe from a cookbook and it was terrible, I should never make a recipe from a cookbook again. Except that yes, people hype things up A LOT on Pinterest.

Just a tip (that I found from Pinterest). To make your own microwave popcorn you just get brown lunch bags (you can find them near the paper towels at the store). Measure almost 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels (I get mine in the bulk section at Smiths). Coat with 1 tsp. oil. Put into the bag, fold over one time and staple in the middle. Stand it up (not on its side). Cook for about 2 mins. or until the pops start getting spaced apart more.

I made it sound a little more complex than it is. Healthier and cheaper than buying microwave popcorn. I’m going to try it with this recipe. Don’t tell my husband.

-Janet

• Leigh Anne Wilkes 04/16/2012 at 11:13 am

It is interesting how the male mind works isn’t ! Thanks for the tip on making your own microwave popcorn. I will definitely be trying it.

10. Pingback: Marshmallow Popcorn - your homebased mom