Teriyaki Chicken in the Crock Pot

Fall has definitely arrived and it is time to break out the crock pot at our house. I love using my crock pot in the Fall. I love smelling dinner cooking all day long. It is just so warm and cozy.

I have recently become somewhat of a Pinterest junkie. My “To Try” recipe list has quadrupled as a result! Today’s recipe is one that caught my eye one day as I was Pinning away!

This recipe from Lake Lure Cottage is quick and easy just like any crock pot recipe should be. Isn’t that why we use our crock pot? We want dinner to be quick and easy!

I served it over rice with a little sprinkling of green onion and sesame seed. It would be great with some stir fried veggies too! This recipe uses boneless, skinless chicken thighs so the meat is nice and moist. The cooking time is only about 3-4 hours on low.

What is your favorite crock pot recipe?

Teriyaki Chicken in the Crock Pot

Printable Recipe

12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C soy sauce
6 Tbsp cider vinegar
3/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp pepper
4 1/2 tsp cornstarch
4 1/2 tsp cold water

Place chicken in a 4 qt. crock pot. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid or put it through a mesh strainer. Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened. Serve with chicken and rice.

Note: I halved the recipe and it still worked fine in my crock pot. I kept the amount of sauce the same and it was done in about 2 1/2 hours.

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Erin Oltmanns 10/11/2011 at 11:38 pm

Looks delicious!

2. Jessica H 10/11/2011 at 4:26 pm

I love crock pot recipes! It is so nice to be able to prepare something when you have time and come back to food later. And I’m so excited to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
    One of my favorite crock pot recipes is Ranch Chicken: http://harwoodkitchen.blogspot.com/2010/09/ranch-chicken-crock-pot.html. I just realized that I have several other favorites that I don’t have posted. I’ll have to fix that. 🙂

3. nicole 10/11/2011 at 12:26 pm

Have you (or anyone) ever made this with chicken breasts? If so, any changes to be made? I don’t have any thighs and would love to make this!

• Leigh Anne Wilkes 10/11/2011 at 12:45 pm

I have not made it with breasts but I am sure you could. The thing I like about the thighs is they don’t dry out as much as breasts tend to in the crockpot.

4. Vicki 10/10/2011 at 11:40 pm

Ooooh – I am definitely trying this one out. I make a baked teriyaki chicken recipe using thighs from allrecipes.com, but not having to be in the kitchen for 90 minutes would be AWESOME. Thx for sharing!

5. Katie 10/10/2011 at 12:18 pm

Saw this on your Pinterest – made it – all LOVED it!
    A new family fav is born. 🙂

6. Natalie 10/10/2011 at 10:28 am

This looks simple, but fantastic and I love that it takes such a short amount of time! (Perfect for those soccer practice days around here…)

7. Penny 10/10/2011 at 9:18 am

So glad you liked the recipe. I have gotten nothing but rave reviews for it. I am glad I found your blog. Isn’t Pinterest wonderful?

8. Pingback: Teriayki Chicken in the Crock Pot