Caramel Apple Bundt Cake

One of my favorite fall combinations – apple and caramel.

I love it, oh, so many ways. Here is one of my favorites.

I just discovered a new favorite way to enjoy apples and caramel together – Apple Caramel Bundt Cake.

caramel bundt cake

This recipe came from my good friend Deb back in Minnesota. She promised me I would love it and as always, she was right!

It was part of the dessert buffet at my Mummies Night Out fundraiser and got lots of rave reviews. I thought it looked darling with my Halloween cake bunting I made for the party.

Halloween Dessert

The cake is full of goodness – apples and pecans but the best part is the entire thing is bathed in caramel sauce!

bundt cake bathed in caramel

I made the cake in the morning because of time restraints and it was delicious but I think it would be amazing to eat it smothered in the caramel sauce warm out of the oven. Heaven!

bundt cake recipe

I have issues with getting cakes out of cake pans all in one piece. The bath of caramel helps to hide a multitude of sins! Or at least no one is going to care that it doesn’t look perfect after they taste it!

recipe for bundt cake

Caramel Apple Bundt Cake

Printable Recipe

3 eggs

2 C sugar

1 1/2 C canola oil

2 tsp vanilla extract

3 C cake flour (Deb says she used regular and it worked fine)

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

3 C apples, chopped and peeled (I used jonagold)

1 C pecans, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease and flour bundt pan, set aside.

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar; blend in oil and vanilla.

Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour into bundt pan and bake for one hour or until cake tests done.

Caramel Sauce

1/2 C butter

1/4 C milk

1 C brown sugar

pinch of salt.

In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients for sauce; boil for 3 minutes, stir constantly. Set aside.

When cake is done, let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove cake to platter; slowly pour caramel topping over warm cake and serve. I poked holes in the cake with a bambook skewer before pouring the caramel sauce over it.

Tags: , , , ,

1. Lisa 11/12/2015 at 3:48 pm

My whole family loves this and it’s so easy to make!! Thank you! Quick ? How do you get the Bundt to come out of pan cleanly?

2. lisa 07/27/2014 at 1:41 pm

Hi there, just reading through the list of ingredients and is cake flour the same as all purpose flour or self raising? regards, Lisa

• Leigh Anne 07/27/2014 at 3:01 pm

No cake flour is different. Usually comes in a box and can be found on the baking aisle.

3. Pingback: 5 Caramel Apple Recipes « « TodaysMama TodaysMama

4. Pingback: Desserts for Thanksgiving « « TodaysMama TodaysMama

5. Julie 05/06/2011 at 3:14 pm

Looks so good. Makes my mouth water looking at it. I just ordered a caramel apple from
    EatSwirl.com
    about a month ago and now I’m craving another. But I’ll try to make this one first. Wish me luck because I’m not a good baker. If it looks half as good as this picture, I’ll be ecstatic!

6. Pingback: Friday Food Fun ~ Fall Treats : SherraLifeLesson.com

7. FallingForFall 11/09/2010 at 3:17 am

I would love to try this recipe, but I have a nut allergy and would have to leave those out. Can I simply omit them, or would I need to substitute something in it’s place? More apples? What do you think? Thanks!

8. Mainstreetmomclc 11/08/2010 at 4:09 am

Telling you….try the Demarle bundt pan and all their other products! You will LOVE them and never look back! Nothing sticks…I must add thought…..this recipe is looking way too tempting!

9. Pingback: TodaysMama | Blog | Caramel Apple Bundt Cake

10. Christine 11/05/2010 at 3:13 am

Looks delicious, as most of your recipes do!

11. Paula 11/05/2010 at 2:57 am

I, too, have been waiting for this recipe from your fun “Mummies Night Out.” It was my favorite. I can only imagine how great it must have tasted the next morning. Grin.

12. edyB 11/05/2010 at 12:32 am

Looks so yummy … might try this for the family Thanksgiving dinner!

13. Brick 11/04/2010 at 11:37 pm

Looks awesome! I can’t wait to give this a try!

14. luvnstitches 11/04/2010 at 11:29 pm

I can hardly wait to try this recipe – I recently made a 7up Cake that used 3 cubes of butter – it was amazing so now I want to bake bundt cakes only!

15. CountryMama 11/04/2010 at 8:02 pm

Yummm… I’ll have to give this a try! I make a Caramel Apple Cake with a boxed cake mix {gasp} and vanilla pudding mix (and bagged caramels, too!). But this sounds delicious!!

16. Pingback: Tweets that mention Caramel Apple Bundt Cake « Portland Mama -- Topsy.com

17. Rhonda Christensen 11/04/2010 at 7:19 pm

We have lots of apples right now; can’t wait to try this! I’m so happy that I’m getting your emails again. I’ve missed you!

18. Melinda 11/04/2010 at 6:43 pm

Looks so yummy, hey there Leigh Ann

19. Dawndonnelson 11/04/2010 at 6:10 pm

This cake was so, so good. I have been waiting for the recipe so I can make it for a November treat. It was moist and delicious, and it would be good for breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea.

20. Sandi 11/04/2010 at 5:40 pm

Love your blog. This looks absolutely wonderful. Thanks for all the hard work you put into your blog. I look forward to it every day.
    Sandi

21. Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING 11/04/2010 at 4:53 pm

Looks SOOOOO delicious! I will for sure be making this!

22. Pingback: Caramel Apple Bundt Cake — your homebased mom